IoSR Privacy Notice
The Institute of Sound Recording (IoSR) is part of the University of Surrey, which is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) as a data controller. General information about the University's data processing can be found at www.surrey.ac.uk/information-governance/data-protection. The IoSR processes data in accorance with University policy and the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The information below summarises specific data processing that is conducted using the IoSR's website and Professional Training Year (PTY) network-accessible storage (NAS).
The IoSR uses its website and PTY NAS to process data relating to:
- undergraduate course applicants;
- current students;
- PTY placement employers;
- businesses/individuals advertising jobs (publicly or by email to us); and
- businesses/individuals requesting student recording services.
Purposes of Processing / Storage Periods / Automation
Data are processed for:
- management of undergraduate admissions;
- management of student PTY placements;
- submission of some types of coursework;
- booking of tutorials;
- maintenance of a public-facing graduate employment list (a.k.a. Where Are They Now?);
- provision of a message board;
- maintenance of a wiki-based information resource; and
- maintenance of user accounts for access to restricted areas of the website.
The specific relationships between data subjects and processing purposes are summarised in the following table (column numbers refer to the processing purposes listed above).
Data relating to education and research are processed to allow the performance of tasks in these areas which are carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the University. Other data are processed for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the University or by a third party. These legitimate interests include:
- providing useful information to potential degree programme applicants;
- assisting students/alumni with their search for employment; and
- assisting potential employers with recruitment of students/alumni.
Data Subject Rights
Data subjects have the right to request access to, correction of, erasure of, and restriction to the processing of their data. Minor day-to-day requests for information or corrections relating to IoSR-processed data can be made to the relevant IoSR contact (admissions, pty, webmaster @ iosr.uk). For more comprehensive requests, please use the Subject Access Request Form on the University's main data processing webpages, linked at the top of this page.
Version 1.03 (10-Nov-2020)